What is MACEP?
The Massachusetts College of Emergency Physicians (MACEP) is dedicated to advancing excellence in emergency care, and advocating for emergency physicians, their patients and the health of the community. MACEP is the Massachusetts Chapter of the American college of Emergency Physicians.
What is ACEP?
The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) is the first and largest professional organization of emergency medicine physicians in the United States. It was founded in 1968. As of 2009, ACEP has over 25,000 members.
How many members does MACEP have?
Currently MACEP membership is comprised of 850 Emergency Physicians in Massachusetts.
Who can be a member of ACEP/MACEP?
Active membership in ACEP is available to physician emergency specialists who meet one of the following requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine subscecialty-training program accredited by ACGME.
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency training program accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Satisfactory completion of an emergency medicine residency program approved by an ACEP-recognized accrediting body in a foreign country.
- Certification by an emergency medicine certifying body recognized by ACEP.
Membership categories are also available for Residents, Medical Students, and Interns.
How often does the MACEP Board of Directors meet?
The MACEP Board of Directors typically meets the fourth Tuesday of the following months: June, September, October, November, January, February, March, April. The meetings are usually held from 4:30-6:30 pm at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Marlborough, MA. Check the calendar page for more details on MACEP Monthly Meetings.
Who can attend MACEP Monthly meetings?
Any MACEP member in good standing may attend MACEP Monthly Meetings. Non-members wishing to attend these meetings must contact the MACEP office in advance for approval.